CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – The Region X Local Planning and Development Coordinators (LPDCs) expressed support for the Buy Local Program and the Mindanao Food Congress and OroBEST Expo 2022 during its quarter meeting on 20 July 2022. The meeting convened 72 LPDCs and their representatives.
In her message, Dir. Mylah Faye Aurora B. Cariño, CESO III, RDC-X Vice-Chairperson and NEDA-X Regional Director, highlighted the need for local governments to support the Buy Local Program of the Department of Trade and Industry to sustain the momentum towards full economic recovery from the pandemic by patronizing local products and services in the region.
The local planners also supported the Mindanao Food Congress and OroBEST Expo 2022 which will be held on 26 – 28 October and 26 – 30 October 2022, respectively at the Atrium, Limketkai Center, Cagayan de Oro City. The back-to-back activities, spearheaded by the Cagayan de Oro Chamber of Commerce and Industry Foundation, Inc., seek to identify gaps in the island-region’s agriculture and food supply chain network.
The meeting was co-organized by the National Economic and Development Authority – Regional Office X (NEDA-X) and the Department of the Interior and Local Government – Regional Office 10 (DILG-10).
Also discussed for support and adoption were the following:
- Manual of Operations for the Project Development Assistance Center for Northern Mindanao;
- Sustainable Development Goals Seminar 3 on Statistical Data Management and Analysis for Evidence-based Decision-Making of the Philippine Statistical Research and Training Institute;
- The Devolution Communications Support Plan for the Mandanas-Garcia Ruling and its Multimedia Materials for Region X;
- 12th RDC – Private Sector Representative Resolution on the Prohibition of Use of Single-use Plastic in RDC Events, Activities, and Programs; and
- Updates on the Implementation of EO 138 (s. 2021) and Formulation of Devolution Transition Plans of National Government Agencies and Region X LGUs.